chloe asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

Yoyo loach completely disappeared from tank...?

So I was cleaning out my tank about 3 days ago, doing a part water change and also using a new gravel cleaner for my substrate. I have one yoyo loach, (was planning to buy more so he wasn’t alone) a handful of guppies and some neons. (So I would assume the likelihood of him being eaten, whilst having eyes on the tank at all time during this, is very unlikely)  after cleaning, I couldn’t see him anywhere. I’d seen him the morning prior to cleaning, I searched all of my ornaments thoroughly and my boyfriend shifted through the substrate to see if he’d buried himself, but he’s completely vanished. I know theyre known to jump the tank but both of us were supervising the tank if one of us left the room and I still checked the floor to see if he’d managed to escape without us noticing, but nothing. This was the first time I had done a water change and used the gravel cleaner with my loach, as I didn’t have him more than 2 or 3 weeks prior to this. It’s been annoying me for days, as he’s vanished without a trace. Could he still be buried in the substrate? I would’ve expected to see him now as it’s been a few days. 

Did you check the filter?, how about under the couch?  Fish can flop pretty far away.  Any chance you vacuumed him up?

Check the deco really good, they like to do into the small spaces inside those things and the can get stuck.  I had a yoyo get stuck in a tree decoration, I had to take the deco out, then I put it in a large bowl of tank water. I was about to start cutting the thing apart when he finally found a way out. And he is still alive today.  But be very carefull what decorations you add with them.  HOPE YOU FIND HIM !

Check under the tank, he might be there.