Would I have failed my driver's test for making these errors?

Yesterday I did a practice test with my driving instructor. I made two errors that he said may have failed me. The first one was that I went too fast through a yield, even though I checked for other cars a pedestrians and did slow down, apparently just not enough. My second error was with parallel parking, when positioning myself with the car I was going to park behind, I was closer than a meter away. He said that may have failed me as well. 

• Joe

A lot is going to depend on your examiner.  Both of the faults you describe are rather subjective: it's not like you ran a stop sign.

Stay calm during your test, and err on the side of caution - but not to the point where you look scared.

• Edna

Those errors might or might not cause you to fail your actual driving test. During your driving test, you have to accumulate "X" number of points in order to pass.

Every maneuver that the examiner asks you to perform during your driving test is worth "X" number of points, and you'll be required to complete (or attempt to complete) many different maneuvers and you'll be graded on them. 

If you successfully complete enough maneuvers whose points add up to your state's required minimum number of points, you'll pass the driving test - even if you "fail" some of the maneuvers.

Probably because 2 out of 3 first time male applicants who are under age 19 fail whether they drive poorly or not. It"s a rigged system to keep too many male teens from driving too soon. Fact. 

• A

each state has their own criteria,  I would guess if the driving instructor said you would have failed, he is right

You would not fail.

The only criteria for parallel parking is the result you get, no bent metal, and the correct distance from the curb when finished.

My magic 🎱ball says it's up to the instructor to pass or fail you.