Italy Travel?

I was supposed to travel to Italy for my honeymoon this past May obviously that did not happen so we moved it to this September.  

I have all the hotels booked but is it even going to be worth it to plan the rest of the trip if even half of the things we planned on doing will be closed?  

Has anyone on here been to Italy recently and is it worth going?  

Are there a lot of things you would see on your first trip to Italy open yet?

Any advice would be great!

I love Italy there is history in every footstep. 

Italy for the most part,  took things seriously from the get go,  and even now,  masks are mandatory in most stores......and you ill be told to get out , without one.  Social distancing will be adhered to in most tourist places.........but clearly, people at the beaches are basically ignoring all that. 

While we have flattened our curve.......do not be fooled, we too are still having daily cases of new infections.  Traveling anywhere right now,   or in Sept,  without a Vaccine  is foolish  at best .

• John

I haven't looked into details, but I gather that Americans are banned from travel to the EU right now. I wouldn't make any plans until that changes. The way things look it could be a long time.....

Depends what's important to you when you go - is it enough to walk around, eat, and spend time in each other's company? Or did you specifically want to go to a venue / museum that may not be available?

(NB - check if things are actually open; you may find they are with advance booking)

hello. It maybe wiser to go traveling next year. many tourist attractions are closed and I wonder if hotel rooms are disinfected properly. if someone has covid in a distant land, the medical costs are gonna be very expensive. Many borders may close anyway.

Take care. My relative postponed her wedding till next year, fyi.