Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Democrats, why do you want to defund and get rid of the police? Don't you realize poor people rely on the police for protection?

And we certainly cant defend ourselves since you want to take our guns away. What's your objective here? You know most cops are good people, right?

• NONAME

Homicides are up 51%. Month-on-month, burglaries are up 119% and car thefts are up 48%. These are the stats coming out of NYC. On top of it all, this mentally ill left wing kook Blasio wants to cut the police budget by about, oh, idk, ONE BILLION DOLLARS. NYC families are leaving in droves in light of this, which isn't shocking, but that means NYC's voting population that would stop this is fleeing and the turnover rate of voters against this insanity isn't high enough to stop this plunge into literal chaos. 500,000 middle class residents have fled since March. That's 500,000 voters who would most likely stop this, gone. 

NYC is completely fked. 

Police generally don’t do much to protect poor people. I’ve never been treated well by police and I’m white. Poor neighborhoods tend to have much higher crime rates than rich neighborhoods and cops don’t seem to care. I’ve been the victim of several crimes and I don’t call the cops. They do more harm than good. 

As long as these poor people vote before they become the victims of crime we don't care. 

• Cee

It doesn't fit their Marxist narrative, I'm afraid.

No......................

Get rid of the police and replace them with people better trained for certain situations

Look at what happened in Georgia. Armed bands of African BLM members were harassing citizens. Without police, this will happen across the US. They will show up at your door demanding reparations. 

Our police forces need greater budgets and greater authority to protect Americans and enforce law and order. 

They don't.  Please try to get a clue, Mr Anonymous Troll.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/19/w...

Obviously you have no idea what defund means

Democrats Mayor's want to cut police and funding! I suggest eliminating the Police detail assigned to protect them.