Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Is this normal after donating blood ?

I have donated blood this morning... the lady kept proding and moving needle. I cane home and have a huge red oriole dark colored bruise. Along with some little lump bumps of bruise. I’m assuming the blood escaped the vein. But is this normal and okay??? I would just like to check 

Yes, if they 'mess up' while inserting the needle it will cause bruising. I once had a really incompetent doctor draw blood and the day after, both my lower arms (he was poking a lot) looked as if I'd been run over by a truck.

It should disappear within a few days, just like a normal bruise.

Yes. Some people do not have easy to find veins and some nurses are newbies.  It will go away in a couple of days.

Yeah that can happen.  As long as you are not bleeding its fine.

i would ask your doctor about it

It happens frequently and is the result of sloppy technique. You'll live. And thank you. You could have just saved three lives.