Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 4 weeks ago

How long after your period can you get pregnant?

I really want to have his babies. We're both 30, single and in love with one another. He's a former military man who recently retired after 12.5 years. We've been friends since we were 6 years old. He's drop dead hot and I can't seem to keep my hands off of him when we're hanging out. Now that we have established that, I want to have babies with him. I think about having his babies all the time and I don't want him to impregnate someone else but me. I had my period on July 2 and ended on July 7. 

How does he feel about having a child with you?  He's part of the equation.  If he wants to have a child with you, and you're having regular menstrual cycles, your most fertile days will be days 10 to 14.  Sperm can live inside of your body for 48 to 72 hours.  

It isn't really about how long after a period.

It is more about how long before the next period.

Ovulation happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE the next period.  For the AVERAGE woman with a 28 day cycle - that is going to be on ABOUT day 14 no matter which way you count it out.

But - for a woman with a 35 day cycle - ovulation is going to happen on about day 21 of the cycle.

THESE ARE ONLY ESTIMATES and ovulation CAN BE EARLY OR LATE DURING ANY CYCLE.

Sperm can live for up to five days and wait on the egg.  The egg only lives 12 to 24 hours.  Having sex every two to three days during the week right before expected ovulation increases the chances of pregnancy.

If pregnancy doesn't happen within six months, then  you may need to pay more attention to actually tracking signs and symptoms of your ovulation so that you aren't just guessing and hoping you hit the right point.   If you have irregular cycles, and can't predict the number of days before the next cycle - then you either need to track ovulation with signs and symptoms or you need to just make sure to have sex at least once every four days without missing any days if you are not on a period.

It would be a great idea to make sure he also wants a baby before just trying to trap him with one.