Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Should you feel hurt if your social media posts are not liked?

No I am not a teen.

But EVERYONE uses social media..

Not liked often, not,  not liked at all

It's natural to feel hurt no matter what age you are. The Best thing to do is have only those people as Social Media Friends with whom you are Friends in Real Life, as they will surely like or comment on your posts, whereas mere Acquaintances,Classmates, Colleagues or Strangers won't. 

• Isabel

It's very normal to feel that kind of hurt, but you shouldn't.  It's not a reflection on you. It does not reflect your value or the respect your friends have for you.  It's a normal feeling, but it's not accurate.  Studies show that the more you comment and like your personal friends' posts, the happier you'll be on social media.  If you just post, you'll become less happy.

No you shouldn't.

If there is a way to block them,do it.

• Jesere

I don't use Social Media and know of others who don't either 

Yes you should.  The world needs to care

• Social media makes you feel that way and it’s very toxic to the brain. It teaches us that if we don’t get a click or a tap from someone’s finger, we should question our entire self worth. Which is freaking stupid. I liked it a whole lot better before social media existed and people shared their photos of family, friends, pets, talents, etc with people they know in the real world. At least you can see and hear their reaction. Just one person liking and appreciating something you show them in the real world should mean more than multiple likes from random people through a screen. So no. I would not feel bad about it. Don’t let social media destroy your confidence. I think boycotting it at all costs is the key to a happy life. Social media just causes stress and anxiety. No thanks.