Boy
Lv 4
Boy asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

Why do I now have to pull the string 4 times on my lawn mower to get it running?

I changed the oil in my lawn mower and I also filled my lawn mower with a mixture of gas unleaded 87 and seafoam (a gas additive)

My lawn mower is a Briggs and Stratton snapper 675exi

Before the oil and gas change, my lawn mower started at one pull but my lawn mower sounded awful running and kept choking on grass and quitting.

So all in all my lawn mower has improved but now you have to pull the string 4 times to start it, why?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

near your carb is a rubber cup ..inverted ..you are meant to press this up and down to get fuel into carb .are you doing this?  i have found from experience you need to press it at least 6 times 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't sweat the small stuff

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mine starts with one pull, and I'm a female. Perhaps weight lifting would be helpful in building up your muscles.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Seafoam is snake oil. Drain the gas tank and start again. The only chemical worth adding to garden machinery is fuel stabiliser. This prevent fuel gumming up the carburettor when stored over winter.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only 4 times? I'd be happy with that. Mine was more lie 10 pulls. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.