Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why don't Christians actually believe in the Bible?

I have actually been a Christian for a long time now and I've even noticed that most Christians don't actually follow the Bible. And a lot of them are Christians who do out right preach their beliefs towards others while also sinning. I'm talking about them being too fat gluttony is a sin. They have facial hear when the Bible does say have a clean face. Also don't tell me that since Jesus died you sinning is okay because Jesus does say he did not come to get rid of the old laws. And Christians who do preach to others don't like it when you warn them about their sins so it's like I can't warn them even though I love them. And I do love the sinner hate the sin.

Unfortunately the bible itself can be unclear. For example, Jesus did say that he did not come to abolish the law but he added that he came to fulfill them. Jesus and his disciples did not follow many of the rules/laws where one has to wonder if Jesus meant certain laws rather than all of the laws. They did not follow the rule for working on the Sabbath. They did not follow the ritual hand washing rules before eating. Jesus also said no food can defile a person throwing out the dietary rules from the OT. When you add this and other rules that did not seem to apply to Jesus and his disciples, if you are attempting to maintain the bible is without error, then the verse about not abolishing the law but fulfilling it must be re-interpreted.

Just on one point here:  the Bible is very keen on men having beards.  Leviticus 21:5, 19:27; Jeremiah 41:5.

But as for the rest, I agree and it's persuaded me that the Holy Spirit cannot exist as we understand her and that Jesus was not divine.

I follow the bible and our Lord Jesus the best way I can. Yes I'm a sinner I can not say I'm not. Trying not to be. Every day being overweight it a struggle. Growing up like this is no fun. Dieting and exercising is a daily challenge. If you see me you would not believe that I'm a vegan and I am allergic to wheat and gluten.

But without Jesus I would have taking my life along ago. He is my rock. I have to remind myself that my spirit is not overweight. It is beautiful. 

• Paul

We understand the Bible, subject to authoritative and accurate interpretation. Not according to the random guesses of individuals with no source of such authority. Do you seriously believe that Jesus shaved every day???

A person can better know the true meanings of Bible verses by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

• yesmar

We were not called to follow the Bible.  It’s not a rule book.  Jesus calls us to follow him.

I do think there is truth in what you are saying, I actually do agree with some of that. 

The Bible warns against being lukewarm, “because you are neither hot nor cold I’ll spit you out” (Forgot exact verse and passage) 

It also says somewhere that his word is forever and it’s easier for heaven and hell to pass away then his word. He came to fulfill the word not abolish it. It’s forever. The thing with the being shaved that is focusing on law, law in Old Testament had been fulfilled by Jesus’s resurrection. The law won’t save or hurt you. 

It also mentions how nothing we can do law/work wise will save us from Hell, only a relationship with God Will but at same time our works show our love for him.

So basically what I get out of it is focus on having a relationship and not a religion. If you say you follow God then that means you should keep growing, read the Bible, keep commandments, and turn from sin. Lukewarmness and habitual sin Shows your heart, your not fully for God and that’s an issue. 

Don’t be like the churches and Gentiles that say empty phrases and just want to be seen/want the title. So many, even believers are living a lie. You are on to something, keep on it 

• Christians believe because they want to sin without feeling guilty or suffering the consequences.

And the Bible doesn't say anything about facial hair, preaching to others when they don't like it, or love the sinner, hate the sin". You clearly have never read it.

You are a hypocrite right along with the rest of them 

• swolt

They're expert cherry pickers.  They have excuses for not following every single one of the teachings that they don't feel like following but will slam anyone who doesn't follow one of the passages they've decided should be followed.

The entire New Testament says that the believer is under grace and not law.  You'd have to skip Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, 1 Timothy, and many other places to avoid the truth.  And all Christians still sin, as 1 John 1:8 makes clear.  As such, you are not a Christian.  You can easily avoid hell, like everybody can.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death