Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Is it possible for quarantine or too too much masturbation to affect your sexual orientation?

Hi, I am a straight guy who is pretty confident that they're straight. I've been staying home ever since this covid pandemic happened. The only time I go out is to get resources. Recently, I have been watching too much porn and hentai. I masturbate 5 to 6 times day due to my boredom.  One night I woke up with a random urge to watch gay porn. I have never had thoughts about having a sexual relationship with a man or being with a man long term. At first I did jack off to some of it but didn't ejaculate. I've been feeling guilty about it ever since because I'm pretty sure I'm straight. I've always had great fantasies about being with a women long term and having sexual relationships with them. I stopped getting hard to women in porn or hentai and been thinking more about gay porn ever since that night and it some how makes me hard sometimes. I did try it for a second time and ejaculated and felt horribly guilty and turned off by it. Ever since I'm been bothered that I might be bisexual or gay. I think I lost taste in straight and lesbian porn and was looking for sometime new because of my excessive masturbation. I'm hoping whenever quarantine ends or the new school year starts it can resolve the issue. I'm guessing since I haven't seen a women in months it might be affecting my sexual thoughts/desires. I've tried a few sexual orientation tests but I come out as Heterosexual all the time with a small percentage of homosexuality 10% and lower.

• Tj

Sounds like you may be finding out you may be bi or even gay...in time it will become clear what you are. You cannot change what you are. No matter how many times a day you masturbate, it will not change who you are.

No, one does not "wake up gay". Likely, you have latent homosexual tendencies and they surfaced.

No, for most people sexual orientation is set,  Sometimes we have fantasies of trying something different especially when we haven't been with someone for a long time. Fantasies are one thing, real life is something else. Even if you get to the point where you want to experiment, go ahead, you might like it or you might get to a point where you don't like it. If that happens do not be worried about telling the guy you can't continue.; Experimenting does not make you gay or even bisexual. Watching gay porn doesn't make you gay, it makes you curious as to what 2 guys do together. It's something different, you're probably bored with the same old thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

• ron h

"confident that THEY'RE straight"  How many of you are there?    You're alright, man.  Not getting out much is makin' everyone a little crazy.  See if you can skip the porn for a few days (don't turn the computer on) and try to steer your fantasies back to straight.  If you've got a woman friend that you could call and talk to--to hear a voice, do that. Talk about anything, doesn't need to be sex.   Just call and say that you're fuggin' BORED and want this crap to be over!!

• kelvin

no.................................

• You posted in the wrong section. This is Men's Health. You need the mental health section.

Not sure about this one. Make sure to keep yourself feeling good, looking good, smelling good and use a penis health creme to make all of this happen. Man1 Man Oil is a good one. 

There is no connection here.

Yeah it’s normal to start trying to look at other things if you masturbate 6 times a day. You get tired of watching similar things constantly. Once you get back in the real world again you’ll probably feel like you’re getting back to normal. My biggest suggestion is to just not sit where you do when you jerk off because it puts the idea in your head that you can do it again and you will. If that’s where you sit all day then stop, do other stuff in other rooms. Go on walks or just start ignoring the quarantine and go wherever you feel like. That’s the best way to stop constant boredom masturbation, just leave that room and don’t go back for most of the day.