kawasaki kd80 kick start lever?

i am looking for a kick start lever 13mm. There are 13mm levers out there but i don't know if it will work for this motorbike. The original kick start lever has been discontinued and second hand ones are hard to come by. i am looking for information on using another 13mm lever. What works and what does not. A second hand one would be great too. Dealers are scarce online.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • fuzzy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

If you've still got the old one, remove the pinch bolt & put the lever in the vice so the slot is piched shut. Run a hacksaw cut down the line of the slot to widen it. Gets a little tricky at the bottom of the cut. Drill out the threaded side of the spline clamp & use a longer high tensile bolt & nut. Install it & see how it goes. You may need to do this twice if everything is badly worn but once is usually enough. (You need t ouse a longer bolt & nut & turn the nut bascause the bolt will bend a little & if you rotate it it is likely to fatigue & break. Done this with old Honda twins & a Kawa single.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There are such a thing as bike junkyards.  Not as many as cars but they do exist.  What happened to the original one?  In most cases they can be repaired by a welding shop. If it fell off, that means it was loosened by you and NEVER RETIGHTENED.(it just don't happen by itself)

.  As for bike junkyards, ask the motorcycle shops in your area(I don't care which make of bike as they know of a junkyard or they themselves are the junkyard of parts.)all it takes is 1 acre of land and they can dump on 1000+ bikes & pieces.

. Of course it will be second hand.  It is a part of a bike that once was a runner.

.  Auto junk yards will not have bikes.  They did not bid on to buy them at auto auction.

.  No, of course they are not online.  They deal in CASH sales so you got to go to them.

.  Best bet (especially if you no longer have the kick) is to TAKE IT OFF ANOTHER KAW.80  then you know for sure the splines will match up as the different  bike makers also had different size of shafts...and different number of splines.  It has to slide on using your fingers(not a hammer)

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

FITS MODELS

KD80-M3 KD80 1982 USA CN

KD80-M4 KD80 1983

KD80-M5 KD80 1984

KD80-M6 KD80 1985

KD80-M7 KD80 1986

KD80-M8 KD80 1987

KE100-B10 1991 UNITED KINGDOM

KE100-B10 1991 USA

KE100-B11 1992 UNITED KINGDOM

KE100-B11 1992 USA CANADA

If you managed to buy a 13mm lever you would never be sure that it would fit the same number/shape of splines on the shaft or that it would not foul on the bike.

Getting one made might be the most economic solution.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Install one and see if it works.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you have the old one or a drawing, or can make a drawing of what you want, a machine shop can make one for you. Google CNC machine shop.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.