Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Installing a remote start system in a 2006 Hyundai Tuscon?

I’d like to know anyone experience with this. I have a remote start unit that I would like to have installed in a 2006 Hyundai Tuscon GLS. My main question is about the immobilizer. I asked a couple of different shops that offer remote start installations and one told me that many Hyundai vehicles may show up online that they require an immobilizer bypass but typically do not require it and that they have never seen a Hyundai dated before 2012 with a key ignition require one. And the other shop said that the vehicle does need a bypass and it will need to be one of those bypass modules that requires a key to be inserted into the module itself for it to be able to remotely start the vehicle. I’m not really sure who to believe on this.

Before anyone says anything, the car is actually in really good condition. It’s may be an older model Tuscon but she’s still rolling on the road today perfectly fine. Not even close to what someone said “nearly worn-out” car. The only thing that’s wrong with it is just a tire pressure sensor not working. But that’s typical of Hyundai vehicles. At least older Hyundai vehicles I don’t know about newer ones.

Leave your car alone.   The transmission will break next week and your remote start will be a waste of money.

Don't waste your time and money on a nearly worn-out car.

Call the service manager at your nearest Hyundai dealership and ask. That's what a logical and intelligent person would do.

(requires a key to be inserted into the module itself for it to be able to remotely start the vehicle) That is very correct. I have had remote starts as far back as 2000 cars and had to do this with a 2007, a 2003, and I don't remember about the 2000.