Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

Could someone track my IP address through Instagram?

I made an opinion account on Instagram separate from my regular account recently. Mostly memes and opinions and such. Recently some big name accounts have been reposting my stuff, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it does mean I've been getting harassment from people who disagree. I can pretty much handle that, but what worries me is that someone is going to get so angry that they'll try to track down and blackmail me. (It happened to my friend as a while back.) I use a VPN as well as a fake email address, but I still worry. Can someone track me down?

To be clear, none of my opinions are anything that I could be arrested for. As in, nothing provoking violence, threatening others. Really they're pretty harmless opinions, I just wanted to have an outlet to voice them.

Okay, so before people start thinking that I'm doing something gross or creepy, I'm not. By opinions I mean politics. I lean centrist and I was just voicing opinions I agree or disagree with on both sides of the political spectrum.

Can they? Most likely. Will they? No. and even if they do, report it to the local authorities, or someone in law enforcement as that's illegal. If you don't want to go through all that trouble, then don't let it bother you. I've been threatened many times, and most the time they are just empty. 

• 6 days ago

Let's take an example of the vpn that I have trusted for years.

vpn master has a bank-level AES 256 bit encryption, the best type of encryption to date.

It's the same encryption used by banking standards or govt in your area.

Technically it's possible to decrypt, BUT you will need to spend much resource, energy and fund to do such thing.

Is it worth it? maybe yes if you have nuclear code conversation with someone over your internet.

probably    ......    WITH a Court order, for sure !!!