Can I hatch supermarket eggs?

How long would I need to sit on a egg to incubate it and make a chicken come out,? I'm thinking it would be more economical to buy a box of 6 eggs and sit on one of them until a chicken came out and then make that chicken lay me more eggs. If it's going to take more than 5 days do you think I need a bigger box of eggs? I like to have a boiled egg every day for my breakfast but not on a Friday. For religious reasons. Catholics like me can't eat meat on a friday. I dont know why. Anyway. Back to the chicken thing.

• kswck2

While it is more economical to buy 6 eggs, you first must 'Prime' them by putting them into an electric blanket for at 18 hours. Then you can sit on them-up to 5 days. When they hatch however, you need to have a large container of worms to feed them with-it's not like you are lactating now and can feed them that way. 

Oh, and you will need earmuffs too, since they 'cheep' incessantly. 

After 5 days, if they do not hatch, it is probably because they are not fertilized and will never hatch. But try it anyway. 

No. They're not fertilized. And the cold would have probably killed them anyway.

No. They haven’t been fertilized. 

Yes, you can. But rather sitting on the egg, grease it up and stick it up your rear. That way it will always be warm and you can go on about your daily business. It should hatch in 3-4 days. The chicken that hatches out of it will always lay brown eggs though.