I plugged in my hairdryer and it started smoking and lighting up?

Earlier today, I plugged in my hairdryer and while I was blowdrying, I started smelling some smoke. I looked at my dryer and sure enough, there was some smoke coming out. In between the crack (which I'm pretty sure is just the design) I could see that it was lighting and heating up. I'm pretty sure that this is just a problem with the hairdryer, but would it be possible that it could be a problem with the outlet I plugged it into?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

    The cause is irrelevant. 

    Replace the appliance. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.