Anonymous

Why do women study abroad in college at 3-4 times the rate of men.?

Most student abroad trips are 3-4:1 women to men ratio. Sometimes it’s even all women. Why do women study abroad for a semester/year at vastly more numbers than men?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

So they can have promiscuous sex during their college years. Then, come back and pretend to be holier-than-thou.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

School isn’t for men anymore just women 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most men in college are too busy studying broads to even care.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Fewer women study STEM subjects.  There are proportionately more studying Spanish, French etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's an interesting question. There are probably several reasons. I know women- mostly those who have raised their children- who want to travel, but their husbands don't. Men seem to feel more uncomfortable in situations where they don't understand the language and are not in control. So my friends organize trips of women only. Women do tend to be more interested in languages, and language students make up a high proportion of those who go on study abroad programs. There may be both cultural and genetic reasons for that. It's also interesting to consider that there are more women in medical school and law school now than men. When I was in a doctoral class in business, where all the students were women, the professor said that men usually think they can get a good job and be successful without much education or qualifications, while women know they need to have higher qualifications to get the same jobs. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's something of a dated response.

The programs are advertised as "a broad study" and the male students assume it's for women only.

• 1 month ago

international education is largely financed by the family(=dad).

when rich families finance education of their children,

immaterial of their gender.

but still girls are a pampered lot.

poor guys do not have that luxury and a much less chance of getting

loan from a bank,in the absence of collateral guaranty.

that has been the past trend,though it appears that it is changing of late.

that has been my observation here around.

• Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Same reason more women like to travel compared to men.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause they like going abroad

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Daddies paying .....................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.