Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

I'm 18 why can I not grow a beard whenever my brother can and he is 21.Does 3 years really make a difference ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some people just cannot grow facial hair correctly, i can grow facial hair it just does not grow evenly or everywhere on my face. Its not really a big deal.

• 4 weeks ago

You are aware that some adult males cannot EVER grow beards--right?  Some people are not able to because of their genetic makeup--and coloration--and just that they aren't very hairy. There's no set time when males are able to grow beards, and no set 'standard' for this. You may or may NOT ever be able to grow one--it's no big deal. 

• 4 weeks ago

You do not say weather you are Male or Female.

• 4 weeks ago

You are not your brother, people are different, I'm in my 60s and I still can't grow a full beard but I can grow a nice mustache or goatee. Sorry buddy, you get what you get and you have to lie with it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yep, huge difference

• 4 weeks ago

Yeah, a huge difference.  Think about how different you are from a 15 year old!  It's the same age gap...

Humans don't finish developing until about age 25, and at that point we begin our slow descent into falling completely apart.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Apparently it does in your family.  What kind of beard could he grow when he was 18?  Your beard will likely get more dense in the next couple of years, but may not.

• 4 weeks ago

you have moms genes.................

• 4 weeks ago

There could be genetic differences.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

one of my brothers is hairy and other one not-its all in the genes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.