Anonymous

What happened is if the urgent care I go to doesn’t take my  insurance? Can I still be seen? Or will they turn me around?

You can be seen but maybe receive a full bill however depending on what ins you have they might have an it of network coverage that covers at least a little bit of time the cost

• Edna

There is almost no kind of medical insurance that will be refused by an urgent care facility - not unless you are trying to use Medicaid. Some urgent care facilities will refuse patients with Medicaid. 

I went without insurance and they saw me. They might say you owe them something but you can just give them like a 20. That’s how it’s been everytime I’ve gone or they haven’t asked for anything at all 

They will see you, but they will ask for payment at the time of service and then provide you with an itemized bill that you can submit to your insurance company.  Your insurance company will pay some percentage of the bill for "out of network" providers.

They will take cash or credit card up front, and your insurance wont reimburse you. Better is to know beforehand where your insurance is accepted.  UCs charge an initial fee, then anything else is added to that. Our initial fee is about $185 (which is sett by the coding system so its pretty standard).  UC are not by law mandated to treat you-that is an ER.

Under the Human rights convention, everyone has the right to health care if they urgently need it.

So in the event between life and death or something that is going to lead to quick death then they would have to treat you and pass you the bill to pay off.

This is why i struggle to see why Americans are not in favour of a universal health care system such as the NHS. Costs come down better buying power for medicines and people get treated without worrying about costs.

• Ann

They won't see you without you giving them your credit card. They'll charge it and then send you a check if they take your insurance.

You can be seen but it will be cash up front.

You would have to pay cash.