Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Can I like Alice in Chains' music and still not like drugs and drug addicts and drug dealers? ?

You can like whatever you like. However people use to call me a hypocrite cause a guy like me who doesn't do drugs or even drink barely but listening to grunge music like Nirvana, and Alice in chains people didnt understand me 

• Zirp

of course you can

True. I believe you can be such a person. 

That's fine.  Imagine if we had to change not just our wardrobes but also our whole personalities every time we put another record on (well, the digital equivalent)!  I'm not sure why you have to like drugs to love a band.  Are you expected to change your drug of choice depending on the scene the band belongs to?  It's better to skip the drugs, but you don't need to be preachy about it.  

My partner was quite a successful muscian in the 90s.  He's always been strictly no drugs, much stricter than I ever was, and I'm really happy for him because so many stories about friends and bandmates end with, "he died of an overdose."  He's actually working on a memoir right now, mostly for himself so I'm not sure if it'll see the light of day.  As part of that we've been looking over lots of homemade videos of practice sessions, general horsing around, and old press coverage.  From our age now everyone looks so young and it's moving and upsetting really how much life the ones who ODed missed out on.  I know, I know, there's a certain age where nihilism is really attractive.  It's a phase I think a lot of people need to go through for their own reasons, it just so sad for the ones who miss out on the other side.

• Murzy

I'm with you on that             .