My business commerce program says if students don't maintain a 3.5 GPA, they will be downgraded to BA degree? what does that mean?

Is it a bachelor of arts? So school is admitting bachelor of arts has no value?And how is it seen different from a commerce degree? Arent they the same thing with minor changes?

sdfsdfsfsfsdfsdfsdf

No, they are NOT the same thing. ANY B.S degree requires taking and passing more math courses than a B.A. degree.   

I have a B.S.with a major in physical geography. At the time, ALL geography majors, B.A. or B.S in cultural or physical geography,  were required to take and pass with a C or higher multivariable statistics. 

The B.S. degree REQUIRED 3 semesters of calculus. I had to retake and pass with a C or higher Calculus 3. I had taken and passed with Cs both Calculus 4 and 5 nine years before. Because those courses were taken more than 5 years before,  they didn't count towards my cumulative GPA. I passed calculus 3, again with a C. I graduated. That is my THIRD bachelors degree. 

You must be confused.  BA is the upgrade.  When you get downgraded they give you the BS degree (and we all know what the BS stands for).

• Scott

I’m not sure what you mean by downgraded. Are you saying they will kick you out of graduate school and put you back in the undergrad studies? Or are you saying that they will switch your degree from a bachelors of science to a bachelor of arts?