Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

Are flip flops comfortable and refreshing to wear during the summer?

Was thinking of trying them out since this summer is really hot this year... at least, where I am, it is.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Less constricting than shoes, so YES, 2000% a great option for summer. Between March and October, that's all I wear; you won't catch me in a pair of flats, even. If it's 60 degrees + out, I'm in my slippers and barefoot in the house. Shoes are a necessary evil in the state I'm in now during the winter months. UGH. 

So yeah, get a pair and try them out. You may get the "slipper blister" if you get a rubber pair, but that goes away when your feet get used to them. The thong part may rub against your feet and cause too much friction. There are so many kinds out there now with cloth thongs or other material, so you don't have to stick with the rubber kind.

• 4 weeks ago

flip flops are so ghetto but whatever!!

• 4 weeks ago

The only place "flip flops" should be worn is in a locker room or public pool. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They're comfortable, but also really bad for you.

Flip-flops expose your feet to bacteria, viral, and fungal infections.

Flip-flops can permanently damage your toes.

Flip-flops could be made of toxic materials.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It depends on the person. I cannot tolerate anything between my toes. I don't even have to try to walk, just something between my toes drives me crazy.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not really they do not have any arch support or a heel strap. That is why I strongly recommend, athletic sandals such as Tevas. The ones I wear has arch support and a heel strap. Much more comfortable compared to flip flops. 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no one cares about what you wear on your feet

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

And they offer zero arch support meaning that you'll have flat feet if you don't already.   But those Chinese need the money, so keep buying them.

• 4 weeks ago

Um, yes, and 'duh'.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes they are comfortable and useful.  But you have to get used to them, particularly the part between your toes.  Also, never drive with flip flops on.  Dangerous.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.