ZT asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Why does trend micro fail to install?

Error code number 1603, 3002, 0xe01a000c. 

No changes have been made to this computer worked perfectly fine before Windows crashed, had to do fresh install and can't get past the installation.

Gone through tech support and they can't help me

• Lv 7

if tech support can't help you, you should return the product and try something new. like AVG, or AVAST, or Avira (all free, btw).

• Bill-M

Why do you want to install Trend??   It is not needed with Windows 10.  Windows 10 has it's own Anti Virus program which is BETTER than Trend.

Windows 10 does not like Third Party Anti Virus Programs (Except for Malwarebytes).

Third Party Anti Virus Programs cause 10 to run slower and can cause problems with updates.

I have been doing this for years and know what I am talking about, sorry if you don't agree with me but try it my way and see for your self.

I have been using Windows 10 with the Free Version of Malwarebytes since day one and have NEVER had a Virus.