Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

Why I am I being charged 1.50 on my credit card ?

So for the past 2 months I have noticed a minimum internet charge of $1.50 on my credit card, I do not and never in my life have been charged interest and I ALWAYS! Pay my STATEMENT balance in FULL, called the bank they refunded the fees but when talked to rep she just said “Oh it’s a fee not necessarily a interest charge” like what you!!?? 

Did you use an out-of-network ATM ??

• Erik

Almost all cards have a rule that if the interest would be five cents, or something like that, they will bring it up to $1.50 (it used to be $1.00).  So according to them, you owed at least one cent in interest, so they charged you the fee.  Maybe they only give you a certain amount of days in your grace period, and you made your payment after that.

I have to say, it's a heck of a thing to get so upset over.

• Scott

Internet fee or interest fee?

Sorry to say but that is becoming the norm the way we are billed today. My example is I refused free shipping and my statement looked like a halloween trick or treat on April fools day. Three times the item was charged to my account deleted then but back again. It did finally work its way out but that is a lot to ask and keep track of at the same time. The banks are hiring people that have access to thousands of peoples money can and do anything they want someone changed my password I still have the money in the bank but can't access it and I can't make an appointment to see someone in person until after the coronavirus is over. Its really tough to be rich these days.

Ask the bank how to avoid it. Ive never had that. Who charges $1.50 for internet?

Most pay a lot more.

I haven't read your credit card agreement so i don't know.  Let me guess synchrony bank?