Ashley asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

why did half or my hair turn back to bright orange and the other to green? ?

To clarify, I had bleached my hair today, trying to to from a brown to purple. I used blue bleach for dark hair, 20 volume. My hair is super orange at the roots, and then because my hair was lighter about 4-ish inches from the root, the part was brassy and lighter. I put violet purple in it. The roots didn't really look that much different, the rest was reminiscent of purple, with some strands being actually violet purple. I think, "ok, whatever, i'll just put my wella blue toner on it. Ok. This is where something went so entirely wrong. I mixed it with 20 volume developer and the roots are a bright, bright orange, and the ends are green?! How the heck does my hair go in opposite directions when I put the exact same thing into it? And what do I do about this? Sos!

Sounds like you used a metallic  dye at some point and result is that you didn't know what you were doing and if you are not careful your hair will be so damages no one (even a professional) will be able to fix it.

That's the problem. You tried to dye your hair.