Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Can washing up liquid cause cancer?

I have been washing up dishes with a sponge, water and washing up liquid recently, without using gloves. I need to buy new washing up gloves which I will do soon.  

But my question is can washing up liquid cause cancer if it is exposed onto a persons hands? One of my fingers feels slightly funny after I washed the dishes. It doesnt hurt or anything, but there is a very slight sensation.

So my question is can washing up liquid cause cancer?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Washing dishes with dishwashing liquid can't cause cancer, whether you wear gloves or whether you don't. Dishwashing liquid is just soap. 

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    not how you get cancer

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Of course not. People have been using dish soap for many years. It does not cause cancer!

  • 1 month ago

    Gotta be trolling. Nobody's THAT dumb.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    No.  Only ingestion and 24/7 washing could cause permanent skin damage.  Liquid detergent robs the skin of its essential oils, mostly linoleic acids.   This is no problem if you give the skin the chance and resources to remoisturize.

    Gloves are good.  Palmolive robs less than Dawn.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    A tingling sensation on the skin after using any detergent is more likely a sign of a slight skin irritation or very minor skin allergy to the detergent that is being used.  

    You may also have a small cut or small skin break at that location and that could be the reason the detergent made it have a slight sensation.  

    You wouldn't feel anything if something was causing cancer.  By the time you "feel" something because of cancer - you have had cancer for a long time. 

    Detergents and most cleaning supplies are not known to cause skin cancers.  

    Prolonged or extreme exposure to certain chemicals MIGHT cause OTHER forms of cancers.   Exposure to the fumes of some chemicals could cause cancer in certain internal organs.  Accidentally swallowing certain chemicals might cause cancer.  You can be exposed to a chemical now but not actually develop the cancer until years later.  

    Most household cleaners are fairly safe and would not contain cancer causing chemicals.  If they do - then they must have a warning label as part of the information on the container.  If there is no warning information - then it is a safe chemical and is not going to cause cancer or any other harm when used as intended.

    If the directions don't tell you that you must use gloves - then it is safe not to use gloves.  If using gloves makes you feel better - go ahead.  

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    have never heard of any .............................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.