I need some tips on helping my parents use the correct pronouns?

So I came out as genderfluid about a month ago, and I told my parents that I want to start using they/them pronouns. They started, but then they stopped. I've tried correcting them, but that seems to only stick with them for a short amount of time. Is there any way that I can help my parents understand? Thanks!

Also, please no "there's only two genders!" Or "you can't use they/them pronouns, they're plural!" Comments. This will be greatly appreciated.

LMAO. No. Grow up.

• I would try having them read this article:

http://letsqueerthingsup.com/2014/09/15/what-youre...

Change isn't going to happen overnight, so have patience. A strategy that might work as a compromise for them is avoiding pronouns and using your name. That might serve as a bridge to using your preferred pronouns.

You don't say how old you are, but if you're 18 or older and things don't get any better I would suggest moving. Your psychological health will be better for it and it might actually help your parents as well.

.

Give them a break - move out.  You can set the rules in your own house - meanwhile, stop criticising them in their house.

Your poor parents are heartbroken. Quit pushing them.

• Elle

After all is said and done, does it matter?  Is your love for them conditional?