Haz asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

If I have to many credit inquiries will my credit automatically be frozen? ?

I was in the process of buying a car today and when they ran my information they said there’s a criminal investigation on my account so they weren’t able to run everything. What do I do about this? If I call the credit bureaus will they lift the frozen account? I’m a little confused about all of this because I need to purchase a car very soon. 

Update:

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Makes no sense they will let you know if your a criminal did u get arrested in the past month?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Did you get a copy of the credit report?  You are entitled to a written report when your credit is denied saying why.  Go back to the dealership, get a copy and follow through.  There are 3 legitimate credit reporting agencies; TransUnion, Experion and Equifax and different companies used different ones.  Find out which agency was used and contact them.

CRIMINAL RECORDS ARE NEVER A PART OF CREDIT REPORTING!

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Normally when there are several inquires in a short space of time when you are shopping for a car or mortgage, it's not a problem.   The credit bureaus may think that someone else is trying to open accounts in your name.  Call all three and tell them what you are doing.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Credit reports do not mention "criminal investigations" and inquiries do not freeze it. You may hav frozen it in the past.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No.  Inquiries do not freeze your credit, and definitely not automatically.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If there was a criminal investigation against me, I would want to know about it.  I would contact the credit bureaus AND the police.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.