Haz asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

If I have to many credit inquiries will my credit automatically be frozen? ?

I was in the process of buying a car today and when they ran my information they said there’s a criminal investigation on my account so they weren’t able to run everything. What do I do about this? If I call the credit bureaus will they lift the frozen account? I’m a little confused about all of this because I need to purchase a car very soon. 

.

Makes no sense they will let you know if your a criminal did u get arrested in the past month?

Did you get a copy of the credit report?  You are entitled to a written report when your credit is denied saying why.  Go back to the dealership, get a copy and follow through.  There are 3 legitimate credit reporting agencies; TransUnion, Experion and Equifax and different companies used different ones.  Find out which agency was used and contact them.

CRIMINAL RECORDS ARE NEVER A PART OF CREDIT REPORTING!

• Eva

Normally when there are several inquires in a short space of time when you are shopping for a car or mortgage, it's not a problem.   The credit bureaus may think that someone else is trying to open accounts in your name.  Call all three and tell them what you are doing.

Credit reports do not mention "criminal investigations" and inquiries do not freeze it. You may hav frozen it in the past.

No.  Inquiries do not freeze your credit, and definitely not automatically.

• Erik

If there was a criminal investigation against me, I would want to know about it.  I would contact the credit bureaus AND the police.