Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why are job recruiters all so dumb?

I've been looking for a job on Indeed. Some people have reached out to offer me positions that I didn't actually apply for, but they found my resume via search and thought I'd be a good fit. The problem is these are usually the worst offers, like part-time 7-Eleven and crap like that, and it's usually 20 miles away from me at least. Like - I'm not going to beat the **** out of my car driving 200 miles a week and spend probably the majority of my paycheck on gas to sell beer and lotto to pissed off drunks. You would think, being they can see how far away I am, they'd say "hmm, is he really going to drive this far for $13 an hour?" I get it, people have positions to fill, but the people that are actually filling the positions are dumb as rocks.

• kswck2

Maybe you are too picky. 

Sounds like maybe you forgot to get any specialized education or training, so what you're seeing is what's available to persons like yourself. 

because they've never worked in any craft