Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Is it unprofessional for boss to laugh while telling employee bullying another employee“Would you stop!”, as if boss is secretly enjoying it?

Let’s say the boss never puts his foot down, but instead reacts as if the person bullying is a comedian.  So every time the employee bullies the other employee, the boss tells him “Would you stop!” while laughing, like he’s saying “you are killin’ me” and never firmly tells him to knock it off.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

it sounds unprofessional to me

• 4 weeks ago

What is unprofessional is making assumption about what a person is thinking unless you are telepathic.

• 4 weeks ago

The problem is, you say someone's "bullying" another person. But you haven't told us what this "bullying" consists of.

I don't condone bullying but sometimes it turns out that it wasn't "bullying" at all but light-hearted teasing. That would explain why the boss kept laughing.

Of course it's not the only explanation, but it's certainly possible.

• 4 weeks ago

If a Manager's words and actions are contradicting each other, consider having a conversation with your HR Department and share your observations.  Bullying is not acceptable, so if your Manager is endorsing such behavior, this needs to be brought to the attention of HR and/or your Manager's Manager.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Americans think bosses should be able to do any damn thing they want because they're a bunch of sheep. Assuming you're an American, right?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.