Is feminism by its definition biased toward only women’s interests? I.e. it isn’t focused on detecting men’s suffering so may never notice?

Yes, feminism is focus on the interests of women. MRA groups are focused on the interests of men. The NAACP advocates for African-Americans. The Cancer Society doesn't work on malaria. Et al. 

Obviously FEMinism is focused on FEMales. It's a special interest group like many other special interest groups. Of course, the problem is that many modern feminists not only ignore men's issues (which is fine in itself, because that's to be expected from a special interest group - I mean, you wouldn't ask a neurologist to examine your feet, would you?) BUT they actively hate men and that's deeply problematic. 

That's a complicated question because of how many kinds of feminism there are how there's no real agreed upon cut-in-stone "definition" of what feminism is, how feminism is an ideology that branches out into subgroups and how each individual belonging to the sub-groups have their own morals, beliefs, and ideas of what feminism is. Not only that, but feminism, just like any group of people, have changed with time and how society functions. It's also different in different regions of the world. 1950s Feminism in southern USA is different from modern day feminism in, say, Lebanon. I'd say generally yes but there has been more of a push in modern feminism to be critical of all harmful gender roles whether that has to do with men or women. I wouldn't say that male hatred is very actively discouraged yet generally within the feminist community. There's still some ways to go.