can anyone plz recommend me comical, humorous novels that r wickedly and/or hilariously funny? suspenseful+funny or moving+funny is ok, too?

serious answers only, please. i eagerly await informative, well-thought-out answers.

i'm not just seeking out mildly amusing chuckles & giggles funny, but books that are laugh-out-loud funny, piss-in-your-pants funny, gut-wrenchingly funny novels, please

also comedic plays as in theater productions are good to go. it can be a satirical play like "day of absence" by douglas turner ward, a romantic comedy like "the clean house" by sara ruhl, or just an ancient but effectively silly comedy like "the imaginary invalid" by moliere

I recommend Stories Short But True by Sabino Rosa

• chorle

You problem is humor is subjective. I love Terry Pratchett books and many people find them laugh on the floor funny. I find them very cleaver and consume any I can. 

I found "Three Men in a Boat (to say nothing of the dog)" to have one of the funniest first chapters I have heard. Pippi Longstocking books are funny.

I found Team Starkid's musical pretty funny but I thought the musical "The Producers" is funnier than the original movie.

As Terry Pratchett has already been mentioned, try Tom Sharpe - Blott on the Landscape

A lot of people find Terry Pratchett utterly hilarious. I've read two or three but can't say I share their view, but to be fair, in "Guard! Guard!" I did, every four or five pages, find  myself writhing on the carpet weeping with laughter.

Just wish it could have been all the way through.

Anyway, Bill Bryson is always funny, and (depending on your age, background, tastes etc) Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat" is a humour classic for excellent reasons.

"The Skunk at Church, has his own Pough"  available on Amazon

• Prince

Shaggy Planet and Pomp and Circumstance. And Robert Anton Wilson's illuminatus trilogy, the original one, was a laugh a minute, though his subsequent historical Illuminatus got edgy.

• sam

Humor is subjective but here are some books/plays I think are funny/witty/ironic/clever etc.

The Mouse on the Moon

The Mouse That Roared

The Vicar of Wakefield

She Stoops to Conquer

The Inimitable Jeeves

The Importance of Being Earnest

Don Quixote is a good ripping yarn with some funny bits if you get a good translation

The last scene of Midsummer Nights Dream

Theres a series I read in French called Le Petit Nicolas that is really funny, I am pretty sure it has been translated to English.

the princess bride william goldman

christmas at fontaine's william kotzwinkle, e.t. by the same (first one)

series about a british kid named simon (someone else can chime in i'm drawin' a blank here but it was hilarious, sue was the author...sue somebody or other)

The Westing Game

by Ellen Raskin

The last legitimately funny book I've read that made me laugh out loud was Pest Control by Bill Fitzhugh.  It's about a bug exterminator who puts an ad in the paper that he can guarantee elimination.   Unfortunately this is confused with being a world renounced assassin, he has no idea that the world's top assassins start coming to find and eliminate him as the competition.  

• Andrew

Evelyn Waugh "Scoop"