Goji Fan asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How do prisoners get so strong and muscular with only 3 meals a day and limited weight lifting equipment? ?

look at the diet than look at the amount of time on their hands.

Plenty of time to workout and rest and eat.

Many prisons DO NOT have weights. Chicago Metro removed all the weight equipment after a series or murders and escape attempts. So they have only bodyweight. Which is a perfect gym.

There are  few books on this subject. 1 being Bronson by 1 of Britians most violent prisoners and he talks abt the subject in question. And another is Convict Conditioning, which has a workout program and exercises. Both are worth reading. And both use bodyweight as the primary way to exercise.

As i mentioned prisons are again removing weightlifting equipment again.

So back to basics in both diet and exercise.

They have a lot of time on their hands.

I asked a friend that very question after he got out of the Stony Lonesome.  He said it's because of two things:  Only the strong survive in those places, and there's lots of time to work out.  That's pretty much the only thing to do in prison, in fact.

There are lots of classes, work projects and seminars, but much of the time is spent just doing time.  With that much time on your hands, the only way to pass the time is to work out and get buff.  And that's a good thing, because prison is a place where the strong prey on the weak.  If you don't want to be prey, you can't be weak.

That's one of the reasons I don't commit crimes.  I'm a skinny white guy with a nice butt, so prison would not be a nice place for me.