Is appearing unconfident a good way to get out of jury duty?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The lawyers and judge will see right through your act and pick you.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, in fact most defense attorneys would prefer it. 

• 4 weeks ago

You really want to get out of jury duty stink....a good stinky gym shirt....even a sticky feet order would work......You'll be out the door before you get in.....

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Nope. They have already seen ALL the ways to get out of it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No.  There's no particular reason why that would cause one or the other side not to want you.

The best way is to indicate that there's a reason you wouldn't necessarily be able to decide a verdict objectively. The last time I was called, for an armed robbery case, I was asked whether I or a relative or a friend had ever been the victim of a gun crime.  I answered truthfully that a family friend had been murdered in a gun crime. When asked whether I would be able to remain objective about the case, I hesitated.

I knew very well that the defense wouldn't want me, and it didn't.  It helped, too, that I was by far the best-educated member of the jury pool.  Advanced education also tends to be something lawyers don't want in a juror, though that is not a hard and fast rule.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, you would look like someone that can be easily swayed,, exactly what the attorneys are looking for in a juror.

• Just tell them you know both parties, that's an automatic out

• Barry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

No. You need a genuine reason to ask for excusal. What's your problem? I found it fascinating when I did it.

• 4 weeks ago

The best way to get out of jury duty is to be smarter than the lawyers.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.