Is there a house out there Identical to mine?

Was my house design used twice? This was just a random thought but it would be interesting if I could find something like this. Is there a house out there identical to mine?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Depends on who built the house/how old it is.   Older houses that were built by the original owner likely do not have a blueprint that was reused.  Many homes were peiced together with what materials the owner could afford/obtain..  Then added onto again at a later date.   I had a farmhouse that was built in the 20s.  The original structure was small.  Literally almost half of the house were add-ons made from the 40s-60s.

Id be surprised if there was another house similar, as some of the space was poorly designed and poorly used.   The house was cheap and a good starter home tho.

Homes that were built by contractors likely have blueprints that were used numerous times.

A house that was custom designed..  Still possible the blue prints were reused for other homes afterwards...  Especially if the design was well done.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe - maybe not.

I live in a small town and there are several houses in our area that look very much alike.  A few of them even sit next to each other.  

It really depends on more things than we could offer since you never gave any blueprints or even photos of the house.

• 1 month ago

If your house was built by a nation-wide builder, it is very possible that there are others like yours.  If you used an architect, it would be highly unlikely.

• 1 month ago

Quite possibly. Especially if you live in a newer home in a master planned community.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Since 1) You failed to post blueprints of your house and 2) There is no public database of national house plans used, no one can guess.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on if it was built by someone who designed their own house or if it was built using architectural plans. If the house seems really well-designed, then there are probably identical ones out there. If the house seems not very well thought out or very specific or there's stuff that makes you wonder "Why'd they do that?" it's probably someone's own design, which case there won't be more like it.

• 1 month ago

There have been millions of houses built.  The likelihood is that many are virtually identical.  Show the design and there is a good chance that someone will say "That looks like mine."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.