When will I get my stimulus check?

I just filed my taxes yesterday and my tax prep told me that I didn't get my stimulus check this whole time because i hadn't filed for my taxes last year yet. So since I finally filed my taxes yesterday (with direct deposit) when can I expect my stimulus check to appear in my bank account?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If you just fled you tax return, any payment would have been based on LAST YEAR'S return. If you don't already have it, you claim it as a refundable credit when you file your 2020 return in 2021.

• 4 weeks ago

I would expect 8-12 weeks.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

As soon as you settle the penalties for not filing last year.

• 4 weeks ago

If you filed neither 2018 or 2019 taxes until now, don't expect a stimulus check.

The stimulus check is a prepayment of a tax credit on your 2020 taxes (filed in spring 2021).

At this point, you can expect to receive the stimulus money as part of those taxes/tax refund (if eligible) instead of a separate check now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Olive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not sure but I been told by some people that they already gotten theirs. So could be anytime

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.