When will I get my stimulus check?

I just filed my taxes yesterday and my tax prep told me that I didn't get my stimulus check this whole time because i hadn't filed for my taxes last year yet. So since I finally filed my taxes yesterday (with direct deposit) when can I expect my stimulus check to appear in my bank account?

If you just fled you tax return, any payment would have been based on LAST YEAR'S return. If you don't already have it, you claim it as a refundable credit when you file your 2020 return in 2021.

I would expect 8-12 weeks.

As soon as you settle the penalties for not filing last year.

If you filed neither 2018 or 2019 taxes until now, don't expect a stimulus check.

The stimulus check is a prepayment of a tax credit on your 2020 taxes (filed in spring 2021).

At this point, you can expect to receive the stimulus money as part of those taxes/tax refund (if eligible) instead of a separate check now.

• Olive

Not sure but I been told by some people that they already gotten theirs. So could be anytime