Jasmin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why can't I gain weight?

I'm a 20 year old female 5'4 and have been between 90-95 pounds since I was 15. I've been trying to gain weight for about a month now but it has not changed from what it was when I started.. which is 95. Before I started I would only consume on avg 1,200 a day. Now it has been at least 2,000 to 2,500 a day. Sometimes even 3,000 if I force feed myself that day. I will eat until I'm almost about to throw up most times... That is how hard I'm trying to gain but it's not happening. I make sure to eat high calorie packed foods and always look for the labels, add up my intake until the end of the day. So what is going on. I want to gain weight but I can't

It takes TIME to gain weight.  You need to eat about 3,500 calories MORE than what your body is using just to gain ONE POUND of body weight.  You aren't going to do that in a day and probably not even in a week.

Just eat consistent HEALTHY foods and eat some extra each meal.   Allow yourself an extra snack or two.  You should NEVER be eating to the point of feeling sick even if you are trying to gain weight.

You may also want to consider talking to a doctor about your goals.  You might have a medical issue that is keeping your weight down.

I'm not a doctor, but one time on House it was a tapeworm.  That's probably not it though.

You really should see a doctor though if this is real.  You might have an eating disorder.  You should not be throwing up like that.