Why is NYT columnist worried about Biden debating Trump?

"I worry about Joe Biden debating Donald Trump. He should do it only under two conditions. Otherwise, he’s giving Trump unfair advantages,"

/

Friedman said.... "both campaigns should agree on having a "real-time fact-checking team" hired by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/opinion/biden-t...

/

oh suddenly we need fact checkers at the debates LOL. Trump is at no more of an advantage in the debate with no fact checkers. but I imagine Biden could sorely use the support of one

I think leftists was a clear-minded leftist with all their talking points down pat

• nappa

Biden can't put a sentence together, how does anyone think he can run our country, he will be a puppet to the dem party and your freedom will be gone.

The bottom line is Biden is not even close to being qualified to run our country.  Would you rather see Trump destroy him in a debate or have Kim Jong Un chew him up & spit him out like a wad of chewing tobacco at a nuclear agreement conference???

I think this is just pathetic. Biden, and Trump competing against each other, for a job that none of them can realistically do on their own.

I truly believe the USA should not have a President!!!

I learned in all of my years of living that patience is a good virtue to have. In other words it's better to wait, and see if something good happens than to rush, and then make mistakes in the process.

LOL even the NYT knows that Biden is a worthless idiot.

Friedman is kind of and idiot who got mistaken for a profound thinker years ago. 

But his second point (his first one is about leveraging the debates to let us see Trump's taxes) is a valid one.  A problem with Trump is that he will lie without compunction.  That causes problems when you're a normal person like Biden who wants to stick to the truth. 

Friedman is right:

1) Trump should release his tax returns so he can't attack his opponent on his finances while hiding his own.

2) Trump is such a liar that Americans should be told the facts in real time.

Trump will agree to neither.

• xg6

Unlike other people I read the article and the two demands are perfectly reasonable and Trump will agree to neither, which will make him look like he has something to hide

Biden is suffering from advanced senile dementia. The only debate format that wont show his illness is one where he doesn't have to think and can rehearse the answers before hand.

Because Trump doesn't debate - he interrupts and he lies.  If a candidate interrupts too much, his microphone should be shut off until it's his actual turn to talk. 

Biden will be humiliated if he debates Trump.