Jared asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Good ideas for a dish to bring to a potluck?

So far there is a person making grilled chicken and shrimp, mac and cheese, and pasta salad. I've been looking for a dish that will compliment those other dished well and haven't been able to find one. Need suggestions and fast the potluck is in 3 days!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

All meat, dairy, and starch! This meal is begging for a vegetable dish, dish centered on non-starchy vegetables. What vegetable dishes do you know how to prepare? If it was me, I'd bring roasted brussels sprouts or maybe roasted peppers. These dishes are both good hot, but not bad eaten cold. If you want something more impressive, whip a sauce to go with. 

• 5 months ago

Something green / vegetable based would be good

• denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A pot of meatballs & sauce. 

Cheesy Grits.

Chilli & Cornbread.

Casserole & Biscuits.

Devilled Eggs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheet cake with a nice topping.

Trifle or Fruit Salad.

Fruit Kebabs [on sticks] & sweet dips.

Lemon bars. 

Brownies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Pate & crackers / toasted baguette slices.

Nachos / tortilla chips & Queso dip.

Cheese Straws / Breadsticks.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

How about a Chili-vegetarian or not. Chili is a Very forgiving dish that uses whatever you have on hand? 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Baked beans. Pretty easy to make and transport. Tastes good even at room temperature. Goes with grilled food and different than the other sides people are bringing. I love this recipe and it has been very popular at potlucks. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Hot-...

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Pick out a unique salad and make a big one.

• A
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

BBQ meatballs,  Baked Beans, apple pie

• CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Coleslaw, Brushetta, Cornbread, a dessert.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.