Would you rather have your 1st kid at 19 years old or 26 years old?

• Jill

Definitely at 26 rather than 19. You need to live as an independent adult for a while and save some money first IMO. I had my 1st at 32. 

I was 25 when I gave birth to our now 27 year old daughter.

19 would have been okay if I had been married at the time, but I wasn't, so 25 worked out much better for me.

My parents had their first child in their 30's. I think that's the sweet spot tbh. Life as you know it will be different once you have kids to look after.

Well I was mature for 19 (in this society at least) so it wouldn't have mattered to me!... This world and the cost of living is very expensive anyway so I guess what society means is that the older you have one the better lol.

Source(s): Filipina and proud. No children, but not done purposefully!

I rather not have any kids hun, but it's probably better to have your first kid at 26 instead of 19 hun.

26yrs old

at 26yrs old you're more independent (ex:have a career) and more stable relationship (ex:engaged or married)

a 19yr old haven't been out of school long. some people don't finish high school until 19yrs old. 

We had our first at 25, after she got out of college & I got out of the Army.

26  ...................