Darren asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

Do you think that TNA/Impact's 6 sided ring would've been outdated if they've kept it???

For most of it's existence, TNA used the 6 sided ring and it was the 1 thing that separated them from WWE at the time.

It was the coolest thing because it had like a MMA sport feel to it, then we all know what happened after Hulk Hogan came in.

Then in 2014 it was brought back and fans were happy to have their 6 sided ring back. 

but by 2017, it kinda felt like it was going out of style and stale, all of a sudden they went to the squared circle and I will say that Impact Wrestling's survived for nearly 2 decades.

But I'm like everybody else when I say that I loved the 6 sided ring because it was the coolest thing in wrestling at the time and it was the that ring that gave them an identity and pretty much put them on the map and also pulled in wrestlers from other promotions to their brand.  

So let's talk about this, gimmie your thoughts.

• Hector

I liked it better. I would have also liked an 8 sided ring

• Candle

I was cool with the 6-sided ring as a fan, but I've heard it had it's complications.  For one, the ring's smaller and the hexagonal shape made the ring somehow stiffer due to construction limitations, and the ropes tighter due to the geometry, so apparently it was like bumping in a boxing ring and hitting the ropes was hell on the back.  I've also heard homegrown talents and incoming veterans alike say that it could be confusing to figure out how to run the ropes.

I never witnessed any mechanical complications with it honestly when it comes to running ropes and such, or at least if someone flubbed they must've covered it well.  I did like the look of it, and honestly would be fine if the ring shape became status quo.  Not boring, not a spectacle, but just something ingrained in TNA's identity that never feels out of place or overstaying it's welcome because that's just what we've come to expect a TNA ring to look like.

• Adam

No I actually preferred the 6 sided ring