Why is ford going to stop making police cars? Is it because of black lives matter movement? ?

Did you all hear that Ford was going to stop making police cars?

Is this because of BLM? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • martin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

It's doubtful that it's a protest.  Probably it was a business decision, but partly made based on the pressure nationwide to reduce funding and manpower of police, leading to less demand for new squad cars.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Support our police! And buy Goya Products!

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Ford has shown its colors, and it is not red, white and blue.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They aren't.  

Some employees wrote a letter to the CEO asking them to stop making them, but the CEO said that they are still vital and are not going to stop.  The ironic item here is that had they stopped making the cars, the same people who asked them to stop would likely be out of a job.

I wonder then if they would think that perhaps the cars aren't actually that bad.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I heard that some employees want that because most police cars are made by Ford and BLM claims they are a sign of oppression.  The fact is that they would prefer that the police buy foreign made cars.  Those employees are apparently not smart enough to understand that if Ford makes fewer cars they don't need as many workers.

• 3 weeks ago

They're not.              

So I guess the question is rather moot.

• 3 weeks ago

No it's not because of BLM.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.