Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Parents: Would you ever send your child to their room without hugging them, if they were crying and misbehaving?

Of course I would. The point of hugging is relations. It is not a robotic thing. But, I am not a parent yet.

Yes, I have told my son that my body is not ready for a hug, it's not about him, but he needs to go to his room and I'm going to my room while we both calm down. I'll tell him I love him and always will and will be happy to hug him when my body is ready. I have a pretty severe trauma history and it's very hard to be physically close to anyone, especially when emotions are high and my kid is acting out. We have lots of conversations when we are calm about that, that mom needs some extra time sometimes but that is not his fault and doesn't mean I don't want to be with him. 

• Jill

Yes.