Is Trump right that waiting time for 911 reply is 5 days, & It will say to press 1 for rape, 2 for murder?

I just watched a Trump message on TV claiming that calling 911,  there will be no answer, and it will say to leave a message or press 1 for rape, 2 for murder.... and that the waiting time for a reply is 5 days?

• Erik

It's a lie, but this time he isn't going to get away with it.

• Bruce

The ad is simply a portrayal of what may happen. No one knows if it is right, because the police have not been defunded yet. 

I don't know how Trump's mind works. But I do know that even at current funding levels the LAPD won't respond to burglaries anymore. Call 911 for that and you're instructed to go into a police station to file the report (unless you're a celebrity, pro athlete, local elected official, et al).

Does it honestly sound right?

It's about as accurate as him claiming you have to flush a toilet ten or fifteen times.

i wouldnt think so

Why no, no it isn’t. Nor does Biden advocate defunding the police.

• Dan

That's nothing like the 911 in my area. Maybe Trump was talking about Washington DC? Is it that bad there? But he is the president. He can do something about the 911 system. Why put a message on TV? Fix the problem! 

Trump is always right