Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend wants to be a cop, how do I talk him out of it?

Recently, I asked my boyfriend Hunter if he still wanted to be a cop, because I remember him having mentioned it a few months back. I asked him again, and he said he did. I asked him "why", and he said he wanted to help people. We swung by a drive-thru and I told him that cops don't really help people, they're tasked with the systematic oppression of disenfranchised groups through violence, and the ultimate task of protecting the few from the wrath of the many. He said he didn't know what I was talking about and when we got home, he said he wanted to mess around. I slid to the side of the bed and half-jokingly said that I don't f**k pigs. He was super angry. He stood up and told me that there are some bad police, but they're under a lot of pressure because they see a lot of traumatizing s**t, I told him it doesn't give them free reign to brutalize and kill whoever they want. He pulls this photo out of his wallet, it's his dad wearing a police uniform, he's never told me about this before, mind you! He says that his dad was a cop and he always wanted to follow in his footsteps, and that he barely has any memories of him. I asked him if he was killed in the line of duty, and Hunter says "no", that he just abandoned the family and is currently working a force in Richmond, Virginia. They have no relationship. I ask him if that maybe makes him rethink whether cops are good people or not, but he just storms off. How do I convince him not to become a pig? I'm at my wit's end!

You don't. You two are clearly hopelessly incompatible and have no romantic future together. You end the relationship so you can each go off and do what makes you happy. You'll never be happy together. 

This story is a zero on the believability scale.

If he wants to be an officer, and you don't want to be with an officer, the solution is not to be with him.

If you CAN talk him out of becoming an officer, you deserve better than hm.

I wouldn't advise anyone to get involved with law enforcement at this point; not that I would be afraid of what might happen to them from the thugs, but from what might happen to them from the people running our cities. I would have never said that 20 years ago.

Offer to suck his dick every time he doesn't become a cop

Terrible attempt at trolling.