Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Lets say Hypothetically you're a cop and is out patrolling and discover some black ppl sitting onthe bench just minding their own business. ?

What is something you would make up in order for them to show you their id ? Keep in mind that its 1100 pm at night 

Police would ask anyone creeping around that late at night for I.D. Happened to me all the time when I was a teenager. Mostly though because kids were usually up to no good like TPing someone's home, or ding dong ditching. 

If they're not breaking the law, just walk on past.

I would just go the other way.  Cops don't dare even look at blacks.

Tell them I heard gunshots pull out my gun ask for their id and put them in handcuffs and arrest them for assault on an officer

I wouldn't make nothing up.If they are not breaking any laws then there's no problem.

• Susie

Non hypothetically: a policeman is called to the scene of a supposed domestic dispute. But it ends up being an ambush so the officers can be murdered.  If you encountered this possible scenario daily in your job, what would YOU do??