Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

CIA qualfications?

I plan to join the CIA paramilitary which the main requirements to me were the combat arms/special operations experience and a bachelor's degree. I am attending community college for my associate and transferring over to UCI, and to join the marines as a 2nd lieutenant officer. But my concern what i barely found out was this, it was attached to the bachelor's degree requirement below

But a minimum qualification Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four-year degree will be considered);

What does this mean? That my bachelors would only be useful for a year to apply to the CIA?

Also sorry for those who say my communications skills are weak, I am a foreigner and still kinda getting used to english

were i from education was the least of least of my parents concern

• Mrsjvb

Unless you are a US citizen and are head hunted by the CIA, you won’t be joining the field agent side of things

Oh yeah and only citizens can be officers in any branch of the military.  Your poor grasp of English means you wouldn’t be competitive anyway

• Daniel

It's basic reading comprehension.  They will consider people that are within 1 year of graduating, ie juniors, in addition to people that already have a bachelors.  

Also, I hope you realize that the Marines don't just hand out a commission to every random person with a bachelors.  It is a very competitive selection process.  

Update: Are you a citizen now?  If not, you aren't going to be an officer nor a CIA agent.

I would take it as you can apply as early as your Junior year if you have only 1 year left of studies.