Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Making fried rice without fresh onion. Will it taste good ?

I don’t have onions I only have onion powder and craving hibachi style fried rice . Will it taste great with the onion powder instead 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Are you one of those people who feels like "If it doesn't have onion, then it doesn't have a good flavor"? If not, you can probably just skip the onion. If yes, whether your dish made with onion power tastes good would depend on how good your onion powder is how well you use it. 

• 4 weeks ago

Sure, that will work. If you have celery, I would use that to add the missing fresh onion texture.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Use the onion powder, but it will be missing a certain crunch. 

• It may be okay, but I can guarantee you will be back on here complaining that you can't make fried rice like the hibachi restaurants do.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

if you are satisfying a craving then I doubt that you will miss the onion. 

• 4 weeks ago

You can make fried rice with onion powder. It'll taste pretty decent but I like the onions for added texture

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Try it and then you'll know,  If you have chives or scallions they will add the 'onion' vibe.  Experimenting with flavours can result in a 'tasty' dish.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.