Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 3 months ago

Potential Research Project Questions?

Hi Everyone,

I am beginning my Year 12 research project and need a little external guidance for ideas regarding a question. The topic/theme I wish to follow will be astrophysics/mathematics/chemistry, but it isn't necessarily limited to these options. My previous research question was: 'What is the probability that intelligent life emerged in the past 2.5 billions years in the local group?' - just for some clarification on the direction. I welcome all ideas, anything will help!!! Thank you all in advance :) 

• Matt

How about a question on the probability that intelligent life will destroy itself within a given timeframe? The more advanced a civilization becomes, the greater the chances that they will wipe themselves out as a result of nuclear war, climate change or destruction of their own planet/environment.