made/did - which one is the best alternative?

which one is the best alternative?

Today he made/did a business card on his printer.

"made" or "printed". 

In this instance, "did" makes little sense.

• Boy

he made a business card on his printer. 

however I would choose a more sophisticated word. He created a business card on his printer.

There are some unchanging, fixed phrases with "make" or "do", which you just have to learn, like "make your bed" or "make a mistake".

In general you may find it helpful to know that "do" is used for an action and "make" if you are creating something.

For example:You come home from work. Your lodger is in the kitchen. You shout through the door, "What are you DOING?" He replies, "I'm cooking".You say, "Oh, what are you MAKING?" He says, "I'm MAKING a steak pie. When I've DONE that, I'm going to DO the dishes".

• RP

Made is best. People do not do business cards.

You make a business card. You don't do it.

Make and do are used in very idiomatic ways. You can find lists of idioms with verbs online. However, in general, "make" is used with something new that's created, like a business card. 

• Cyril

made...........