Why do some dog owners not clean-up after their dogs?

Dog waste is vile, transmits diseases, destroys lawns, attracts insects (which spread more diseases) and just plain stinks! Yet there are dog owners to this very day, and at this  very moment, who refuse to clean after their dog. In all urban cities, it is a crime to not clean-up after your dog. In the suburban areas, it, too, is a crime but also hurts property values! Why do some dog owners not clean-up after their dogs?

You would have to ask those owners.  This is what my sister did.  One of her neighbors walked a large dog, that dog defecated on my sister's lawn every day.  My sister spoke to the woman, and the woman ignored her.  SO - my sister got a pooper scooper, and every day she cleaned up after the dog and placed the feces in a plastic bag.  She kept the bag behind her garage, and after a week she followed the woman when the woman walked the dog, and she dumped the feces on the woman's front lawn.  The woman called the Police, and my sister waited for them.  She explained the situation while the woman ranted and raved.

When the Police stopped laughing they advised the woman that my sister had video, and if the woman didn't clean up she would be ticketed.  My sister was given a warning.

I don't know where the woman walks the dog today, but it's not near my sister's house.

When she is angry my sister doesn't take any prisoners!

My HOA encourages residents to get photos of other residents who don't pick up after their dogs.  I have called out to people to come back and clean up.  I've done the clean up myself.  Urban Cities?  I have no idea what would work.

Just ignore Funnel the Retard. He's a right-wing nutjob.

The reason varies it could be: They don't care, they know its bad, but are too lazy, they don't have a baggie to clean it up, they don't know its bad to leave it, etc. I would say it's most likely, because its gross, or they are just too lazy. I would say if they were like hiking in the wooded areas, or if their dog pooped in like mulch or something, it isn't as bad not to clean it up, but they should clean it up when they are on the streets.

Because they are worse than filthy pigs.

I fully agree with you that it's completely disgusting and totally wrong to leave it, and is a criminal offence. It would be like someone using a public loo, and then not flushing it!

The issue is that it's difficult to catch people doing it, since obviously there's no way to trace who has left it, and also because the legal authorities are usually prioritizing more serious crimes, like murder, shoplifting, rape, domestic violence, and child abuse or animal cruelty.Sometimes people may be reluctant to bend over to clean it up, like if they're in pain e.g. if they have a slipped disk in their spine. It can also be down to the 'yuck factor' since it's obviously unpleasant having to do it. Other times it can be because people are too lazy to do it and they don't care. However, if someone is walking a dog in public, it's their responsibility to clean it up. 

• Isabel

Sometimes, a dog "goes" more than once on a walk, and the owner doesn't have a second baggie.  I've also seen people on hiking trails not notice when one of their dogs hangs back for a few seconds and poos before dashing ahead.

• A

I hear you,  I see it all the time, let their dogs poop on other people's lawns,   on hiking trails,   almost as bad as the people who change their baby diapers and leave them in parking lots,  disgusting

• Ocimom

They are too lazy.

They don't care.

They are just ignorant, dirty people.

• y

No one was looking and I didn't really feel like cleaning up **** at the time.

It's their constitutional freedom to make us step in dog poop

💩

Some people just think that it is beneath them to carry around little plastic bags of poop.  But yeah, I even have a dog and I don't like it when people don't pick up after theirs.  It's selfish and irresponsible.  But some people are that way.

P.S. - Even worse is people who bag their poop but then leave it on the side of the trail, pretending that they are doing the right thing but not actually.  At least unbagged poop will decay on its own.